Thursday, January 8, 2009

Funny Hospital Stories (1/8/09)

Mike and I decided to donate Ethan's cord blood to Children's Hospital of Orange County. Of the 22 babies born that day at the hospital, Ethan's cord blood was 1 of the 3 viable donations. Ethan, you are so special to so many people! You are going to save a life some day!

Another funny fact, Ethan had the best hearing test results of all the babies born that day. I will remember that fact Ethan when you are a teenager and saying that you didn't hear me remind you to pick your clothes up off the floor. :)

Kicked out of the nursery! On January 8th, the nurses offered to watch Ethan for the night so Mike and I could get some sleep. Reluctantly, I said yes. Well, after about 2 hours the nurses brought Ethan back to me. Apparently, he was "Kicked-out of the nursery" because he would not stop crying. He woke up all the sleeping babies, who were now crying too! That was OK though, because I did miss him like crazy.

No comments: